Browsing All Posts By sumpmanipump
Comparison Of Battery Backup,Pedestal Sump Pump & Sump Sump Alarm
Top 5 Best Sump Pump Comparison Table
- Name- Zoeller M53
- Type - Submersible
- GPH - 2700 GPH
- HP - 1/3 HP
- Warranty - 1 Year
- Name- WAYNE CDU980E
- Type - Submersible
- GPH - 4600 GPH
- HP - 3/4 hp
- Warranty - 5 Year
- Name- Basement Watchdog BW1050
- Type - Submersible
- GPH - 3000 GPH
- HP - 1 hp
- Warranty - 2 Year
- Name- Superior Pump 91250
- Type - Utility
- GPH - 1800 GPH
- HP - 1/4 HP
- Warranty - 1 year
- Name- Liberty Pumps 257
- Type - Submersible
- GPH - 3800 GPH
- HP - 1/3 HP
- Warranty - 3 year
Our Top 5 battery Backup Sump Pump
- WAYNE ESP25 12 Volt Battery Back-Up Sump Pump System with Audible Alarm
- 12 Volt: 3300 Gallons Per Hour
- Item Weight : 16.3 lb
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 5 x 10 inches
- Warranty: 2 Years
- WAYNE WSS30V Pre-Assembled 120/12V 1/2 HP Primary and Battery Backup Combination Sump Pump System
- 12 V: 3300 gallons per hour 120 V: 4200 gallons per hour
- Item Weight : 24 lb
- Product Dimensions : 22.5 x 17 x 15 inches
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Liberty Pumps SJ10 1-1/2-Inch Discharge SumpJet Water Powered Back-Up Pump
- 2-Gallon of sump water per 1-Gallon used
- Item Weight : 5 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 14.5 x 5.1 x 21.6 inches
- Warranty: 2 Years
- WAYNE WSM3300 Sump Minder(TM) Advanced Notification Battery Back-Up Sump Pump System
- 12 Volt: 3000 gallons per hour
- Item Weight : 13 lb
- Product Dimensions : 16.1 x 9.6 x 14.2 inches
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump
- 12 Volt: 3000 Gallons Per Hour
- Item Weight : 13.3 lb
- Product Dimensions : 7 x 7.8 x 12.5 inches
- Warranty: 1 Year
Best 5 pedestal Sump Pump Comparison Table
- Flotec FPPM3600D-01/09 1/3 HP Pedestal Sump Pump
- Item Weight : 11.3 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 6 x 33 x 6 inches
- Customer Reviews : 54+
- Wayne SPV500 1/3 HP 3,100 GPH Pedestal Sump Pump, Cast Iron
- Item Weight : 21.8 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 8 x 8 x 34 inches
- Customer Reviews : 20+
- Superior Pump 92301 1/3 HP Cast Iron Pedestal Pump
- Item Weight : 25 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 8.5 x 8.5 x 36 inches
- Customer Reviews : 13+
- Zoeller 84-0001 Old Faithful 84 Pedestal Pump, 1/2 HP, 115V
- Item Weight : 23.3 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 9.5 x 9.5 x 32.5 inches
- Customer Reviews : 3+
- Do it Pedestal Sump Pump
- Item Weight : 28 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 9 x 6.5 x 34.3 inches
- Customer Reviews : 20+
Top 5 Sump Pump Alarm With Ultimate Comparison
- Control Products FreezeAlarm Homesitter Temperature, Water, Power Alarm HS-700
- Item Weight : 1.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 2.5 x 8 x 11 inches
- Customer Reviews : 220+
- Zoeller 10-1494 A-Pak Indoor Alarm System
- Item Weight : 2.8 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 7.5 x 7.5 x 4.5 inches
- Customer Reviews : 20+
- Basement Watchdog BWC1 Basement Watchdog Dual Float Sump Pump Switch
- Item Weight : 1.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 12 x 9 x 4 inches
- Customer Reviews : 300+
- Glentronics, Inc. BWD-HWA Basement Watchdog Water Sensor and Alarm
- Item Weight : 5.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions : 4 x 2 x 5 inches
- Customer Reviews : 1150+
- In/Outdoor High Water Alarm w/ Pilot Light and Horn for Septic / Sump / Pond & Other Applications
- Item Weight : 1.9 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 3 x 3 x 3 inches
- Customer Reviews : 27+
Best Pedestal Sump Pump Reviews 2017 Guide
When compared to submersible sump sump, Pedestal ones are different because they sit elevated above the sump water position. There is either a float sensor or a switch which prompts the pump to turn on once the water reaches the designated level. With homeowners, the best pedestal sump pump is advantageous when compared to other options because of its flexibility when removing water from a sump basin.The sump pumps themselves are typically long and slender, so they’re easy to recognize compared to their submersible cousins. Depending on the model, parts will be made of cast iron, stainless steel, bronze or another strong metal that protects the inner workings and increases its useful life.
Each model offers a different available horsepower to deliver increased suction power when it’s needed the most (usually when the basement is flooding, and the homeowner is in full-scale panic mode). With greater horsepower, basements and other areas that are flooded gets cleaned up sooner which helps avoid additional water damage due to painfully slow water removal. Something well worth considering when looking to cut costs with a cheaper, less powerful pump.
Top 3 Best Pedestal Sump Pump Reviews
Flotec FPPM3600D-01/09 1/3 HP Pedestal Sump Pump
The Flotec FPPM3600D-01/09 is a reliable best sump pump from one of the best brands in the market. The model has a 1/3 horsepower which helps it keep up when a basement is flooding quickly. Without the need to lift water up, up to 3,480 gallons each hour is pumped out and 2,460 gallons each hour is disposed of when moving the water 10 feet above basement level.
A 12-inch diameter is required for clearance to place the pump into position and begin pumping out water. This makes the model ideal for enclosed spaces where other pumps like a submersible one would not be able to fit at all.A 3.5-amp power supply is necessary to run the pump. There is a thermal sensor to protect against overloads that turns off the motor if it gets too hot to prevent the circuitry blowing out. An 115-120 VAC outlet (GFCI-type) is required, and this model comes with a decent 6-feet power cord to reach the far side of a room. The FPPM3600D-01/09 model remains operational at temperatures between 35F and 77F.
A meshed screen prevents debris in the water from clogging up the works and stopping the pump from operating. Accordingly, the impeller is a non-clogging version to maintain the same level of suction power. A 1 ¼-inch discharge outlet keeps the water moving. The unit is manufactured using both cast iron and stainless steel parts to offer greater durability than other inexpensive competing products.The item is purchasable on its own or with an agreement for an installer to deliver and install the unit for the homeowner.It is worth noting that there is no battery backup supplied with this device.This Flotec model is an excellent option to enable flooded basements to be cleaned quickly and efficiently. We consider this the top pedestal sump pump available at the time of writing.
Wayne SPV500 1/3 HP 3,100 GPH Pedestal Sump Pump, Cast Iron
The Wayne SPV500 is a high-quality product from a manufacturer that’s been involved with producing many types of pumps for decades. This pedestal sump pump is a 1/3 horsepower, cast iron one that is both rugged and robust. With a maximum outflow of 1 ½-inch NPT discharge rate, up to 3,100 gallons of water is pumped out every hour with this model.
The pump is also even narrower than the one reviewed above with only an 11-inch diameter required to fit it into position. Given its slender design, the Wayne SPV500can accommodate even smaller, less accessible basement and other areas that are flooding.The sump pump is protected with a cast iron casing. The long column is made from coated steel, and fasteners made of durable stainless steel holds it all together. Clearly, this product is built to last with the use of quality components.
There is a 2-pole float switch which offers a dependable response through its basic on/off option that turns the pump on when the water level reaches too high and turns it back off again when the water level has reduced appropriately.The motor also has some protection to ensure it’s able to maintain the 1/3 horsepower and its full suction capabilities. It is a high-torque one for improved power distribution. It has thermal limits placed on it to avoid it overheating during use where it’ll switch off to avoid burning the engine burning out.It is worth noting that there is no battery backup supplied with this device.
Superior Pump 92301 1/3 HP Cast Iron Pedestal Pump
The Superior Pump 92301 is a reliable model that offers some exciting features. To begin with, it is capable of pumping out 3,000 gallons per hour to clear the water from a flooding basement and to keep on doing so. There is a switch that floats and triggers the 1/3 horsepower motor to kick into action. The switch is sensitive and is adjustable to suit the homeowner.The pump is powered by a 2.76-amp, 120-volt AC outlet. The air-cooled motor has copper windings and a built-in thermal protection to avoid it overheating and blowing out; the motor will turn off to let it cool down. There is a split capacitor at work here helping out the continuous duty feature of the engine.
For additional durability, the main body of this sump pump is made from cast iron or thermoplastic to protect it. There is an impeller and drive shaft made from anti-corrosive stainless steel, a stainless steel float ball as part of the switch mechanism, and a one ¼-inch FIP discharge capacity too. The power cord is a generous 10-feet long and is waterproofed. Liquids from cold up to 180F are managed by the pump to suit hot or cold days.The model is designed for sump basins that are at least 12-feet or later. With the water pump running at full capacity, water is lifted up to 20 feet above ground level.There is a manual power switch that is clickable at the top of the motor housing to manually test the product. It is a useful extra beyond the automatic activation via the stainless steel float ball system. It’s advisable to manually test the pump before completing an installation.It is also worth noting that there is no battery backup supplied with this device.
A pedestal sump pump is an indispensable tool to add to a house basement to avoid the risk of the home becoming flooded. The use of this type of sump pump instead of a submersible one is helpful when access to the sump basin is fairly restrictive, or there is limited space to install a larger device. With self-cleaning systems that avoid clogging, a pump is less likely to break down. However, with the greater accessibility of a pedestal sump pump, that’s also easier to fix than with a submersible one.We have reviewed three of the top pedestal sump pump products on the market. They’re not the only ones available, but they offer some of the best features and excellent value, without sacrificing important performance where it counts.
Related Products :-
Best Sump Pump Alarm Reviews
The sump pump may be the most underappreciated appliance in the modern home. Without it houses built in high water table areas or areas prone to flooding from heavy rains and snow melt would find themselves on the shaky ground unable to maintain the integrity of their foundations and with all manner of dangerous bacteria, molds and other invasive organisms taking up permanent residence in the basement. But sump pumps aren’t infallible and even the best may find itself overwhelmed at some point. That’s where alarms come in. If the water level in your basement is rising too fast for the pump to keep up the alarm will sound notifying you it’s time to take extraordinary action before it’s too late. Likewise, if the power has gone out and you don’t have a battery-powered backup the alarm will alert you to rising water before it’s too late to do anything about it. Our top 5 Best Sump Pumps Alarms for 2017. Below we’re going to review what we consider the 5 best sump pump alarms available today. Let’s begin.
Top 5 Best Sump Pump Alarms
Control Products HomeSitter Power Alarm HS-700
The HomeSitter HS-700 from Control Products is an affordable home monitoring system that warns of a variety of threats to your home including extreme temperatures, power failures and – most important for this review – basement flooding. The HS-700 sets up in just a few minutes and is self-contained. That is, there are no monitoring fees to pay to 3rd parties or outrageous installation costs.The HS-700 is a great little tool that will help protect your home from numerous threats and do so without you having to sign any odious monitoring contracts with 3rd parties. The unit can be programmed to call up to 3 phone numbers in case of emergency and will also sound an audible alarm. Should water in the basement overwhelm, your sump pump’s ability to keep up the HS-700 will alert you so you can call for backup help before things get out of control? This is not just handy for high water table-related events but also in cases of burst pipes or flash flooding in your area.
- High water, burst pipe, burst washing machine and general flooding sensors alert you to an array of water-related hazards.
- Power outage alarm lets you know your sump pump is out of action.
- Can be programmed to call up to 3 phone numbers.
- Audible alarm alerts you to problems if you’re home.
- Runs on regular power but also has a battery backup in case of power outages.
- Low battery warning alarm.
Zoeller 10-1494 A-Pak Indoor Alarm System
Zoeller knows sump pumps which mean they also know what can happen if a sump pump is overwhelmed or powered down during an extreme weather event. On those occasions, you need something to alert you to the fact that water levels are rising fast in the basement or that your sump pump is out of service at a time you may need it most. Enter the Zoeller 10-1494 A-Pak Alarm.The A-Pak is suitable for use with all sump pumps or can simply be installed anywhere you think high water might be a problem including lift pump chambers, holding tanks, septic tanks and of course sump pump basins. For the record Zoeller recommends the A-Pak 10-1494 not be plugged into the same circuit as your sump pump. This will protect the A-Pak from being tripped if the sump pump somehow accidentally trips the circuit breaker.
Zoeller is well known for the quality of their product lines and the A-Pak is certainly no exception. This sump and septic pump alarm should provide years of reliable service, helping you rest easy knowing your home is protected from water-related emergencies.
- Audible high water alarm.
- Battery backup (9-volt battery not included).
- Composed of non-corrosive materials for long life and reliable performance.
- 12 volt AC power.
- Manual shut off.
- 15-foot float switch power cable included.
- Audible alarm rated to 86 decibels at 10 feet.
Basement Watchdog BWC1 Dual Float Sump Pump Switch with Controller
The basement has come to play an increasingly important role in the domestic lives of many families. With basement conversions becoming almost standard fare for many homeowners protecting media rooms, offices, libraries, recreation rooms, in-law suites and more from the ravages of high water tables and intermittent weather-related flooding is now more important than ever.The Dual Float, Sump Pump Controller, is not so much a standard alarm as it is, well, a watchdog that monitors your sump pump’s viability and gives it an extra nudge if needed. As the name implies there are 2 floats at work with this controller. The first activates the sump pump if there is a water level rise of more than 1/4 inch in the sump pump basin. The second float is a failsafe device that kicks in if the first float fails for any reason.
- Large primary float sensitive to water level changes of 1/4 inch which allows the sump pump to stay ahead of water conditions.
- Back up float automatically activates pump if primary float fails for any reason.
- Protective cage keeps trash and other debris from interfering with the proper operation of the pump while the buildup of debris under the float is minimized by the float’s curved design.
- Pump runs for 10 seconds beyond standard shut off point to ensure excess water is drained from the sump basin. This helps ensure easy water level maintenance.
Glentronics, Inc. BWD-HWA Basement Watchdog Water Sensor and Alarm
This second entry on our list from the folks at Basement Watchdog is a straight up basement water alarm system intended to alert you to the risk of rising water in the basement. The BWD-HWA sensor is installed in sump pits or other spots that require monitoring particularly around washing machines, water heaters, under sinks and more. There is also a 6-foot long wire so that the sensor can be extended inside the sump pit should you so desire. Circuitry for the HWA sensor is very reliable solid state while the audible alarm is a robust 110 decibels (so you don’t want to be standing next to it when it goes off). The HWA is super sensitive and can detect a rise in water levels as small as 1/32 of an inch.
- Ultra-sensitive device that detects water only 1/32 of an inch deep.
- Audible alarm is an impressive 110 dB at 10 feet.
- Runs on 9-volt alkaline battery (not included)
- The Battery-saver feature only consumes energy should set the alarm sound.
- Alarm can potentially sound for up to 3 full days.
- The alarm sports a trim profile of 4-1/4” x 1-1/4” x 3-1/4.”
- Sensor wire can easily be extended by more than 100 feet.
In/Outdoor High Water Warning System for Septic/Sump/Pond
The Sump Alarm Indoor/Outdoor Alarm is made in the US for domestic applications. The system has some trouble indicators including a 1-inch wide red LED light visible from a hundred yards or more that flashes when the alarm sounds. This Sump Alarm system can be easily installed to work with virtually any sump pump, sewage system or water tank and the 90-decibel horn is enough to wake those who are sound asleep on upper floors of the home.
The Sump Alarm system is easy to install simply mount the head unit, place the float in the desired location, plug the unit in and you’re ready to go. With the unit in place you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that you’ll be notified quickly of any high water events so that you’re able to undertake mitigation efforts before things get out of hand. While we like this unit we couldn’t help wishing it had the mobile alert capability. However, the alarm is loud enough to alert the neighbors so even if you aren’t home they can ring you up to tell you there’s a problem.
- LED pilot light has extremely long life.
- 90-decibel horn is enough to alert you and the neighborhood that something is amiss.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors due to its weatherproof enclosure.
- Installation can be handled by the homeowner and takes only minutes.
- 4 rear mounting holes as well as mounting feet.
- 10’ float switch cord included.
- Float switch is rated to 100,000 cycles.
Sump pumps are life savers, or at least house savers but they too need some way to tell us they’re having a problem. Sump pump alarms are the way to do that. Any of the alarm/backup systems noted above will do the job commendably and all are well within reach financially so there’s no excuse not to have a proper alarm system for your sump pump.
WAYNE WSS30V Battery Backup Combination Sump Pump
The WAYNE WSS30V Pre-Assembled 120/12V 1/2 HP Primary and Battery Backup Combination Sump Pump System is the final solution for protecting a basement from flooding. The WSS30V model is available as a sump pump, a sump pump, and battery, and there is a separate battery available. The sump pump works with either a marine or deep cell battery type too.The ½ horsepower primary sump pump is powered from a power outlet, with a backup 12-volt battery backup sump pump available for times when power fails across the property during inclement weather. The primary pump has a cast iron surround/base to make it resistant to corrosion. It also has an extremely low decibel output, so the automatic on/off functionality during the night of a big storm won’t wake up the inhabitants intermittently.
A high level of suction is achieved which is powerful enough to extract various debris that would otherwise get caught up in the impeller. The lack of clogging saves time and money on subsequent maintenance, though some irregular maintenance is still recommended.The product is designed for sump basins that have at least a 15-foot diameter area and preferably a large basin than this to make the best use of this powerful sump pump.The vertical float switch ensures accurate readings about current water levels and triggers the motor to spin up to begin pumping out water quickly. The primary pump is capable of pumping 4,200 gallons per minute on the AC power, but around 3,300 gallons per minute under battery power. The backup battery system needs either a 75-amp hour deep cycle or 40-amp hour marine battery to provide sufficient power to the sump pump unit. Two, not one, reliable check valves are there to ensure continual operation of this product.
A battery box and charger are supplied which charges a 12-volt battery separately. The beauty of this system is that it offers an AC-powered primary pump and a battery-powered backup option in a single package rather than needing to purchase, setup and maintain two separate sump pump systems (one AC-powered and one battery powered). Either choose the model that comes with a battery or purchase a separate compatible battery for this sump pump.
The sump pump is designed to activate when the water level reached 9-inches and turns itself off when enough water has been pumped out to reduce the water level to just 4-inches. There is a built-in alarm system which has visible LED lights to confirm when there is a problem with the system.The equipment is pre-assembled, so it’s not necessary to know to hook everything up.
Given the cast iron construction and overall durability of the parts, the Wayne WSS50V sump pump comes with an impressive 5-year warranty.
• Dual sump pump system (Wayne CDU800 unit) with a 120-volt AC-powered primary sump pump and a 12-volt battery-powered backup pump
• Powerful ½ horsepower primary sump pump capable of pumping 4,200 gallons per and just over 3,000 gallons per minute with a 10-foot flow uplift
• 12-volt secondary battery-powered battery that pumps out 3,300 gallons per across a flat surface
• Durable cast iron casing
• Two check valves
• Battery box and charger with LED indication lights
• Alarm system to audibly warn homeowners of a problem with the pump
• Powerful suction power
• Intended for sump basins that have a 15-foot diameter or greater
• Activates pump when water level at or above 9-inches
• Assembled in the USA; parts made in the USA and other countries
• 5-year limited warranty
• Not all versions come with a battery
• Choosing a compatible non-Wayne supplied battery may be a challenge for some people who are unsure the correct battery to purchase
• Stops pumping when water level falls to 4-inches
Choosing the right sump pump for your home is a personal decision. We all wish to safeguard our home when the worst of a storm begins to batter all sides of the place where we lay down at night to sleep. Whilst foundations provide the strength underpinning the building’s structure, it is the drainage system and the sump basin that ensure water doesn’t build up around and beneath the home to undermine the integrity of the foundation. The use of a sump pump that’s powerful enough to provide sufficient suction and ability to pump gallons of water out faster than it’s coming in is vital to avoid flooding the basement and causing severe damage to décor, possessions, and possibly the internal structure of the home too.
Not all sump pumps are the same. Each has an engine with different power under the hood. The pumps themselves are either AC-powered which offer the strongest suction and pumping ability, but without a gasoline or diesel-powered home generator, will cut out at the worst time. Other sump pumps are battery-powered which offers another option to keep water levels down sufficiently when they begin to rise. Many homeowners choose to either buy both an AC-powered and a battery-powered pumping system or they purchase a single unit that offers the above functionality in a single solution. Either way, the investment in a reliable sump pump is essential to maintain the value of a home and ensure it stays protected from the elements outside.
Zoeller Aquanot® 508-0007 12 Volt Backup Pump
The ZoellerAquanot® 508-0007 is a backup unit that is self-contained to provide support for times when either the primary sump pump failed completely, or the AC-powered sump pump lost its power supply in a storm just when it was needed the most.The Aquanotcomprises the Zoeller M98 ½ horsepower pump with a 12-volt backup sump pump to deliver secondary water pumping ability in a sump basin to ensure the home stay dry.The cast iron pump comes with a vertical float switch. The thermoplastic base protects the innards. The engine is hermetically sealed to avoid heat build-up and comes pre-oiled. When running, up to 4,320 gallons of water is pump-able out of the basin and to a safe distance from the home.
A 10-amp battery charger is supplied, along with the controllable LED display system. There is protection from overcharging the battery and burning it out. Its voltage and other information are supplied to the LED display. Six-inch leads are also provided.
There are alarms capable of alerting via a home security system or calling an emergency number when there is an electrical problem, low battery level or the water level is higher than expected. Full LED light indicators confirm charging status, low battery level, AC power, high water levels, alarm status, and more.The unit doesn’t come with a battery, but it suits several types of batteries available from Zoeller.The ZoellerAquanot comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
Considerable Pros and cons of ZoellerAquanot® 508-0007 sump pump
• Backup sump pump system using Zoeller M98 pump
• Runs off a battery that’s continuously charged and separate to the AC system
• 10-amp battery charger included
• LED display screen to monitor system status
• Alarm system to alert homeowners to failure of the unit, water levels, low battery and more
• Doesn’t come with a battery
• Not a bilge pump too
WAYNE CDU800 Submersible Cast Iron and Steel Sump Pump
The WAYNE CDU800 1/2 HP Submersible Cast Iron and Steel Sump Pump with Integrated Vertical Float Switch is a complete system. The model is available as an individual pump, a pump, and battery together, with a separate battery purchasable individually too. For homeowners (and professional plumbers) who want to purchase complete systems or easily replace batteries that have failed, the availability of different purchasing options with CDU800 is helpful.The system is ideal as a backup sump pump for occasions when the power cuts out, and only a backup battery-powered sump pump will keep the basement and other areas of the home from flooding. For homeowners looking for a secondary sump pump to protect against the first one failing in a rain storm, the Wayne CDU800 model certainly offers some food for thought.
The motor is a ½ horsepower motor that is stronger than most sump pumps in this category. It is fully submersible and comes with a vertically-positioned switch. The casing is made of cast iron for greater protection from outside elements, and the base is also cast iron rather than plastic. The impeller is constructed from polycarbonate that’s been strengthened. The steel fasteners are made of stainless steel and have been treated to protect from corrosion.The CDU800 is intended for installation inside a sump basin that is at least 11-inches in diameter to accommodate the unit. It is capable of pumping out 4,200 gallons of water per minute which drops depending on the upwards direction of the water via a one ½-inch discharge diameter. Suction is powerful and intended to clear debris efficiently to avoid the frequency of clogging. There is a mechanical seal that’s ceramic for reliable performance.
The engine already comes with oil and avoids overheating through a thermal system. The ball bearings remain lubricated; the motor windings avoid damage due to the thermal protection, and the grounded 3-prong electrical plug runs through an 8-foot power cord to access power outlets outside the sump basin.The switch uses two poles to ensure that should one switch get stuck in the ON position, the second pole will not. The inclusion of this feature avoids the prospect of the engine overheating and blowing out due to a switch that became stuck.There is a 3-year limited warranty with this product which is quite generous.
Some Pros And Cons Of WAYNE CDU800 Sump Pump
• Backup sump pump capable of pumping 4,200 gallons of water per minute
• ½ horsepower engine
• Two pole switch that avoids sticking in the ON position
• Switch trips when water reached 9-inch level
• Steel motor housing with epoxy coating
• Pump base is cast iron
• Fully submersible
• Quality suction clears most debris
• Polycarbonate Impeller
• Two check valves
• Only pumps water when the water level is at least 4-inches deep
The WAYNE EEAUP250 Submersible Sump Pump
The Wayne EEAUP250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Electric Water Removal Pump is a semi-portable system for dealing with problematic water collection below a flat roof, near window wells, closed spaces, and other areas. The pump can be used to remove water from a sump basin but also serves multiple purposes across larger properties.Wayne is not a new pump manufacturer. They’ve been involved with basement, well and lawn management for the past eight decades under Wayne Water Systems, as a division of Scott Fetzer. Their pumps are assembled in the USA using both domestic and international sources parts.
The EEAUP250 is a ¼ horsepower water pump that is powered by electricity. It does not operate unless supplied a feed of power from somewhere. The pump produces a maximum flow of 3,000 gallons per hour which is enough to handle almost any flooding situation head on. When dispersing water 10-feet higher than the pump’s location, the flow rate drops below 1,800 gallons per hour which are still more than adequate under most circumstances.The pump is fully submersible due to its thermoplastic sealed design which avoids leaks that would shut down the ¼ horsepower engine. The I-Switch has sensors that detect water and turns on the pump to begin the removal of surrounding water until it is ¾ inches deep or less. The switch won’t trigger the engine to turn on unless the water is deep enough. The unit does a better job of clearing out water at lower levels than sump pumps than turn off when water levels are higher.
There is easy to use adapter that’ll fit a garden hose without difficulty, but fitting a ¼-inch sump pump hose instead usually delivers a better result. The main advantage of this pump is its flexible use. Place it in a flooded basement, flat roof, inside a boat or even in a depression on a long driveway, and it’ll get to work pumping out the remaining water as long as the water is already deep enough.There is a one year warranty included with the purchase of this product.
Some Pros And Cons Of Wayne Submersible Sump Pump
• Portable water pump that pumps out collected water from many types of locations
• AC powered
• ¼ horsepower motor
• Sealed thermoplastic design
• Lighter than cast iron pumps
• Small enough to fit inside storm drains and confined spaces that sump pumps don’t squeeze inside
• Intelligent switch which turns on/off the pump as needed
• Sensitive to ¾ inches of water and high levels
• Activated with water levels lower than a traditional sump pump does
• Standard garden hose fitting for water flow removal
• Resists corrosion
• Won’t dry out water levels below one ¾ inch of water in flooded basements
• No backup battery system
• Not as durable as cast iron sump pumps
• Pump likely to freeze and break in freezing conditions
• Removal required in winter when temperatures start to drop; risk of damage to the unit if the homeowner forgets about this pump
• A sump pump check valve should be purchased separately to enjoy fewer maintenance problems
Must Read Related Article:-
Zoeller M53 Mighty-Mate 1/3 HP Submersible Sump Pump
Put simply; a sump pump is designed to remove water from a sump basin underneath a home or commercial property. Any water collected over time puts the home at risk from damp and other types of water damage. The collected water is removable using either an external or submersible pump which includes a motor and power unit, whether that’s simply a direct connect to a power outlet or the use of a battery system. The water is then pumped out to a water well or other suitable spot away from home.It was previously acceptable to dispose of collected water down a municipal water system drain, but due to potential clogging, this is often against regulations locally and is no longer advisable.Here we review best sump pump system, covering his main features, as well as the pros and cons:
Zoeller M53 Mighty-Mate 1/3 HP Submersible Sump Pump
The Zoeller M53 Mighty-mate Submersible Sump Pump is anAC-powered pumping system to be placed under the house or apartment block. It is entirely submersible where it becomes operational when placed in greater than 7 inches of water and shuts down when water depth is only 3 inches deep.The M53 is capable of pumping 43 gallons every minute. The Zoeller can pump out half-inch solid material too and 1.5-inch discharges. The Zoeller brand is well respected for its reliability.The vortex impeller that’s fitted here is designed not to clog up. With that said, all sump pumps require some form of maintenance as none of them will last forever, and they do stop working when not semi-regularly maintained. Among plumbers, the M53 is seen as a reliable unit which avoids late-night calls to come out to fix a flooding basement due to a failed sump pump.
Given that this unit doesn’t come with its own battery system, the Zoeller M53 relies on a continuing electrical supply from the mains or a backup generator that kicks in during a brownout, power cut or other cause for a complete loss of electricity in the home. In the event of a heavy storm that combines with a power cut, the pump’s engine will not function. For concerned homeowners, either a backup battery-powered sump pump or a backup generator are required to enable the pump to keep operating when the sump basin is under 7-inches of water and the home is at risk of flooding
The 1/3 horsepower engine isn’t the most powerful engine seen (Zoeller certainly have some pumps in their considerable range with higher power capacities). Nonetheless, the engine is an impressive one which comes pre-loaded with oil and includes a thermal overloading protection system. Cast iron for the outer shell protects the motor, pump, and switch.Two flow holes around the pump assembly must be free of obstruction otherwise fluids won’t be able to escape.The switch is automatically activated the water is detected to have reached the necessary level. The switch is capable of turning on/off quickly and efficiently. It doesn’t last longer than 3-5 years due to its persistent activation in a storm, but is replaceable using a simple screwdriver.
It is also necessary to remove the thermoplastic base to clear the pump of collective debris that will cause a blockage. The exit pipe is easily blocked when too much debris clogs up the system. Fortunately, the M53 is built in a way that it only takes a handful of screws to be removed to fix the issue so the plastic impeller keeps turning well. The check valve should also function properly after cleaning up the pump, and this can be validated before putting it back together again.The 9-foot power cord is surely enough to connect the 115-volt pump up to a nearby electrical socket in the home. When using a power cord extension, it’s necessary to waterproof it properly to avoid shorting out the electrical circuit.
Detailed Pros And cons of Zoeller M53 Mighty-Mate 1/3 HP Submersible Sump Pump
• Cast iron structure to protect and waterproof the engine, pump, and switch
• Fully submersible
• Activates automatically when the water level reached 7-inches and automatically cuts out when water is down to 3-inches
• Plastic Vortex impeller designed to avoid clogging up
• Switch easily replaceable
• Easy to clean and maintain
• Vulnerable to simultaneous power brownout at the same time as a violent rain storm hits the area
• 9-foot power cord may be too short
• 1/3 horsepower isn’t as powerful as some other submersible pumps
• No separate backup battery option available
• Switch tends to fail after 3-5 years
• The switch has been known to get stuck in the ON position which could cause the motor to burn out eventually
• Cast iron base instead of plastic would be more durable against sand and gravel
• Cast iron impeller is heavier but less likely be break than the plastic one that comes with the M53 (the Zoeller M57 includes both a cast iron impeller and base)
Best Battery Backup Sump Pumps Reviews
Water in the basement can come from several sources but most commonly are the result of either a naturally high water table or water welling up in the ground following torrential rain. In these situations sump pumps can be lifesavers or at least home savers. The problem is that all too often the inclement weather that brings the torrential rain is the same inclement weather that knocks out the power, thereby rendering your sump pump inoperative.The solution is to have a backup pump on hand and one that isn’t dependent on the power grid. Battery powered backups are becoming increasingly commonplace but how do you know which is the best sump pump with good battery backup and which ones are the pretenders? Below we’ll look at what we consider the 5 best battery powered backups on the market today.
TOP 5 BATTERY BACKUP SUMP PUMPS
WAYNE ESP25 12 Volt Battery Backup for Sump Pump
The ESP25 battery powered backup from Wayne is a tough customer that can pump up to 3300 gallons of water per hour. That should be enough to deal with all but the most extreme flooding conditions and keep in you good shape until the primary power comes back on. The ESP25’s 1/3 horsepower motor is powered by a 12 volt DC power source. The polyethylene battery case is plenty sturdy and can accommodate a group 27 lead acid battery. The ESP25 is a standalone piece of equipment that will work as a backup to just about any sump pump currently on the market. Primary features include:
● 3300 gallons per hour or 2300 gallons per hour at 10 feet of lift. ● Thermoplastic housing is corrosion proof. ● Backup system activation alarm. ● Assembled with the foreign and domestic part in the USA. ● 1 year limited warranty.
The ESP25 doesn’t require any high tech wizardry to determine if it’s time to switch on. A single float switch does the trick. Simply put, if the water is high enough to activate the pump the pump comes on. The thinking here is that the backup should engage not only when the main has failed, but when the main is having difficulty keeping up with volume. It’s a common sense approach that’s refreshing.
With a fully charged battery this unit should be able to keep your basement dry for up to 3 days. With the Wayne ESP25 on the job you’ll never again worry about power outages or whether your current pump will keep up with extraordinary weather events.
WAYNE WSS30V Pre-Assembled 120/12V 1/2 HP Primary and Battery Backup Combination Sump Pump
The second item on our list is another Wayne product. This time the WSS30V 1/2 HP Primary/Battery Backup combo sump pump. The WSS30V arrives pre-assembled with both primary (Wayne CDU800 ½-HP AC motor) and backup pump (Wayne ESP25 – see above) tied together in a single unit you drop into the sump pit. Once installed there’s no need to worry about your sump pump failing you again. If the power goes out on the CDU800, the ESP25 kicks right in ensuring the basement stays dry. Features of this dynamic duo include:
● CDU800 is one of Wayne’s most dependable designs. ● CDU800 will remove 4200 gallons per hour. ● The high-performance ESP25 backup will move 3300 gallons per hour. ● Built-in alarm system to let homeowners know when the backup has kicked in. ● Unit tested to 1 million cycles. ● CDU800 features permanently lubricated ball bearings. ● Both pumps backflow protected.
As far as sump pumps go this is the dream team. Featuring both Wayne’s heralded CDU800 main and their dependable and practically-good-enough-to-be-a-main ESP25 battery powered backup. It may be the best combination main pump/ sump pump battery backup on the market for the average homeowner. Its ease of installation and a ridiculously reasonable price tag for a two pump unit make the WSS30V hard to resist. And even though you’ll have to shell out for a deep-cycle battery for the backup unit it’s not enough of an expense to be anything close to a deal breaker. The bottom line is that if you want to put an end to your basement water issues the WSS30V is the unit you want.
Liberty Pumps SJ10 1-1/2-Inch Discharge SumpJet Water Powered Back-Up Pump
The Liberty Pumps SJ10 has been designed and built to fulfill backup duty and nothing more: a job it does admirably. The SJ10 doesn’t require electricity to operate but instead uses water to from the municipal system at 20-100PSI to get it going. It removes 2 gallons of sump water for every gallon it draws from the municipal supply. Don’t try hooking the SJ10 to the municipal system with a garden hose however. Instead use 3/4 inch copper tubing, copper pipe, PRX tubing or something comparable. Features of the SJ10 include:
● The SJ10 is fully automatic. ● Comes fully assembled. ● Stainless steel adjustable hose clamp makes for easy mounting. ● Compact design will fit in most sump pits. ● Will accept anywhere from 20-100PSI inlet pressure. ● Features a 2-1 water removal/use ratio. ● Highly-durable PVC construction. ● Removable foot value. ● UPC approved.
The ultra-compact, efficient design of the Liberty Pump SJ10 makes it ideal for tight sumps. If there’s a drawback it’s that when the pump kicks in it’s going to start guzzling water and won’t stop until the emergency passes. As a result you’ll see a pretty hefty water bill next month. On the other hand though your basement will be dry and you’ll have saved potentially thousands of dollars in flood renovation costs.
WAYNE WSM3300 Sump Minder Advanced Notification Battery Back-Up Sump Pump System
Now that we’ve taken our detour outside lines with SJ10 (above) let’s head back to Wayne Manor for the WSM3300 Sump Minder sump pump with battery backup system. The Wayne Sump Minder is unique in that it’s the only sump pump backup that monitors the status of both your primary and backup pumps and alerts you if it detects a problem. Monitoring of the sump pump system occurs every two weeks with any necessary alerts sent directly to your smart phone. In that sense it’s one of the few sump pump related devices that joins the ranks of the Internet of things. Other features include:
● Moves up to 3000 gallons of water per hour. ● Continually monitors your sump pump system including AC power and battery. ● Microprocessor controls allow you to program in as many as three phone number. ● Smart charger technology returns the battery to preferred levels. ● Up to 4 days of backup basement protection during an outage. ● Built-in LCD screen for easy programmability. ● Double float switch ensures it never misses a problem.
With the SWM3300’s monitoring capabilities you never have to worry about your sump pump system not answering the call. Microprocessor control lets you sleep easy knowing the system is under constant internal surveillance and that any anomalies will be reported to the phone of your choice without delay upon detection.
Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Sump Pump
The Zoeller 507 sump pump system is designed to pick up the slack when the electricity goes out and it does yeoman’s work in the performance of that task. Due to its compact size and weight the 507 can be installed in the same pit with the primary pump in many cases (depending of course on the diameter of your sump pit). Features include:
● Guards against water intrusions whenever the primary pump has failed or power is out. ● Battery burns out and overcharge protection standard. ● 10 amp recharger built into the device. ● Automatic, solid state controls. ● Light indicators and alarm warning systems.
The housing of the Zoeller 507 is made of durable thermoplastic which is corrosion proof and tough as steel. Homeowners will appreciate the fact that the 507 can be introduced into their existing sump pit without having to do the additional excavation. The unit also has an oversized pump float for greater dependability in all cases and there is a clearly visible LED indicator that tells you:
● When the main power is out. ● When power is going to the backup battery. ● When said the battery is completely charged. ● When that same battery is low and ● When the 507 is in service but the alarm is on silent.
And there’s more. If the lead cables have been improperly connected there is an alarm that sounds. Ditto when the battery is in service due to high water in the pit or when the battery charge is getting low.
Of course the zoeller sump pump for your home is the one that fits all your particular requirements. But there are a slew of things that go into making that determination including build quality, gallons moved per hour, durability, size and, of course, price. All of the units reviewed here would be more than adequate to serve the needs of the average homeowner and to serve those needs dependably for many years. We hope you found this review of the 5 best battery backup sump pump units helpful.